Young and Vegetarian
a food blog
Home » , » Veggie Sliders

Veggie Sliders

Written By Sonal on Friday, June 3, 2016 | 4:23 PM


I asked my dad what he wanted for lunch today because I wanted to put together something special. He said anything was great, because that's a typical dad response. I know he doesn't like pasta or noodles very much, but my mom also wants him to eat healthy, so I put together these veggie patties and made little sliders. The only reason they're little is because we only had little buns, so with the appetite he has, he had 3 of these! I got some inspiration from this recipe at About.com, but it's also sort of made up on my own. Thus, there's very little accurate measurement in this recipe... it's really just adding as much as you think makes sense!

This recipe is for 4 patties.
1/2 onion, diced
1/4 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 small potato, grated
1/4 cup tofu
8 baby carrots, diced
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika/red chili powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder (not necessary, but i added it for Indian flavor)
1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste

Cream the tofu by putting it in the blender or food processor.


Saute peppers and onions together. Add cumin, paprika and coriander powder. Take off heat and combine with carrot, tofu, and potato. Add breadcrumbs until the mix holds together. 


Form patties and put into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. 


Cook each patty in olive oil on medium heat until there is a nice sear on both sides. 

I served them on slightly toasted buns with 1 slice of tomato, 1 slice of onion, lettuce, 1 slice of pepper jack cheese and some sriracha instead of ketchup because ketchup is gross. My dad really liked them! I was a fan too. Some changes I'd make are to add more red chili powder because it could've been spicier. We're Indian so we need tons of flavor in everything... Also maybe I would add more breadcrumbs to hold the patty together better because it did start falling apart a little bit when I cooked it. The recipe reflects these changes. I was proud of myself, not gonna lie.
SHARE

About Sonal

0 comments :

Post a Comment