Young and Vegetarian
a food blog

Double Chocolate Biscotti

Written By Sonal on Wednesday, June 1, 2016 | 2:46 PM

Today while I should've been working on my medical school applications, I instead decided to start a food blog and bake so I had something to post on it. I just play my music on max volume on our living room sub-woofer and dance around while throwing ingredients in bowls. It's actually very relaxing. I can feel the creativity flowing...

I think many people are under the impression that biscotti are difficult to make since it sounds like a fancy treat, but I think it's one of the easiest fancy cookies to make, even though they take some time. I always get lots of compliments on them. I've used the recipe from Once Upon a Chef, pretty much following the same recipe. They become really crisp and chocolaty and delicious. One of the features that my friends/family/mom's colleagues liked the most was the soft, gooey chocolate chips inside the hard cookie. It's a really nice contrast, so the double chocolate really makes a difference. And of course there's the vanilla again, aromatic and wonderful.


  • 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4    cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1       teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4    teaspoon salt
  • 1/2    cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4    cup granulated sugar
  • 2       large eggs
  • 2       teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1       cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Or not, I mean either way it's fine.

Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and beat eggs into the butter and sugar. Combine wet and dry ingredients to create a dough. Add more flour if dough is too sticky.




Separate the dough in half and form two logs on the baking sheet. Straighten the edges with your palm to make rectangles about 3/4 inches high. Put in the oven for 35 minutes.


Take the baking sheet out after 35 minutes and cut each loaf into 1 inch slices at a slight diagonal. Place all slices on one side and place back into the oven for 10 minutes. Take them out once more, flip them to the opposite side, and bake another 10 minutes. Remove and cool. 


And you're done! See, the recipe is really easy. Your friends will be really impressed, mine always are... It's not healthy at all, but it's got chocolate so.. it's worth it right? YUM!


SHARE

About Sonal

0 comments :

Post a Comment